HEARING GOD


John 14:16 And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever
Jesus said He will pray the Father and He will send us another comforter. The Word "another"  is translated from the Greek word ‘allos’ which literally means, ‘one of the same kind’. So when He said another comforter, He simply meant another comforter of the same kind with Him. The Holy Spirit is to us today all that Jesus was to His disciples. Whatever the disciples could get from Jesus while He was on earth, we can get from the Holy Spirit today. The Holy Spirit is to us today all that Jesus was to His disciples. No wonder Jesus said in Jn. 16:14:
“He will glorify me. For He will take of that which is mine and declare it to you “all things that the Father has are mine. Therefore, I said that He will take of mine and declare to you. 
The Holy Spirit today, is doing in us what Jesus did for His disciples while He was on the earth. If you wish you were on earth while Jesus was on earth, here is the gospel truth; Jesus is still with you today in the person of the Holy Spirit. This means, the same way the disciples were able to walk up to Jesus anytime and ask Him any question and receive direction and clarity from Him, you can talk with the Holy Spirit today. Jesus said in John 14:18:
I will not live you orphans; I will come to you. 
The word orphans here, actually means helpless. Jesus did not leave us without help: He sent us the Helper in the person of the Holy Spirit. Jesus did not put His Spirit in you to be an extra luggage; He is in you to help you. John 16:17
Nevertheless I tell you the truth, it is to your advantage that I go away: for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you: but if I depart, I will send Him to you. 
Jesus had to go, for the Comforter to come. He is not going to be just one man but the Spirit of God dwelling in each and every one of our hearts. You have the Holy Spirit all to yourself the same way I have Him all to myself. The Helper lives in you. When you learn to take advantage of the presence of the Helper in you, you will never be confused or without direction in this life. The painful thing is that, for most of us the Holy Spirit is just in our hearts doing nothing (idle) because we never ask Him for help.

To be continued in part 2... HEARING GOD 2

The Lord loves you and wants you to come to Him. He wants you to take in yourself His very life. If you are making the decision to heed His call, say this prayer below with all seriousness.

Lord your Word says in Rom. 10:9, 10 that if I will confess you Lord over my life and believe that you died for me, I will be saved. I believe that you died for me and I confess that you are Lord over my life. Hallelujah! I am saved. I am a new creation. Praise the Lord.

If you just said the prayer above, congratulations and welcome to the Family.
We’ll love to hear from you. For suggestions, counselling or prayers, 
Call: 08037215003, 08026158226 
Email:babatimehinseun@gmail.com
Or simply leave a comment below. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HEARING GOD 3

HEARING GOD 2

How do I Receive the Baptism of the Holy Spirit?